TEACHERS: BRING MONARCH NATION TO YOUR STUDENTS!
DOWNLOADABLE CLASSROOM RESOURCES
An Interactive Game Introducing Species at Risk
Monarch Nation has created a resource to engage 6-12 year-olds in learning about species at risk.
- Fully resourced scavenger hunt game (with picture cards, clue cards)
- Guided debrief activities
- Suggestions for follow-up action projects
WHY DOES IT MATTER?
Exploring Human Impacts on Species at Risk
Take your students' learning to the next level with this inquiry-based model that delves deeper into the issue of species at risk. Learn the stories of Canadian species that have been or currently are under threat. Use these to spark discussions on the impact of humans on wildlife and the actions we can take to protect these species.
SPECIES AT RISK
Interactive Digital Learning Resource
Introduces the topic of species at risk and identifies ways to take action. Links to science curriculum, suitable for grades 1-4
GET THE RESOURCE
FLIGHT OF THE MONARCH DAY RESOURCES
To celebrate Flight of the Monarch Day, we’ve created a selection of free at-home activities that you and your family can enjoy any time:
- DID YOU KNOW POSTER: Some fun facts about monarchs for you to share with friends and neighbours. Display it in your kitchen — or perhaps a window for all to see!
- BUTTERFLY WINGS: Make your own monarch butterfly costume! These colourful wings will really make you feel like a butterfly.
- ORIGAMI BUTTERFLY: This origami activity is nice and simple. Consider decorating the paper with a black marker before you start folding, for a more authentic monarch look. If you have time to make more than one, you can string them up with a needle and thread for a really dramatic display.
- MILKWEED COLOURING POSTER: Create a colourful milkweed patch to decorate your home. Snap a photo and post on social media — and don’t forget to tag us: #feeltheflutter.
- MONARCH LIFE CYCLE PLATE: Learn about the life cycle of the monarch butterfly with this simple and attractive craft activity.
- BUTTERFLY KITE: Celebrate the summer and the flight of the monarchs by building this simple, lightweight delta kite.